Co-bombing the set of GOSSLING's Film Clip!



OMG OMG OMG!!!! I am so excited about this one!! I am lucky enough to have been a part of Yarn Corner's recent project to Yarn bomb an entire film clip set for several songs of Gossling's new EP! An overview of the project from Yarn Corner is this:

We will be helping to yarn bomb a series of four videos culminating in the end which is a fifth video - a Gossling concert that will be streamed online. We also have the potential to have Gossling take the set around the country on her national tour.
I joined Yarn Corner when this project was in it's early stages and signed up to be a part of it. There were only a handful of parts left up for grabs and I wanted something small to begin with so I opted to make 5 rubber duckie 'jackets'. The ducks in jackets were intended to sit on the piano. Cool.
We had certain specific colours to work with. I went and bought the 5 little ducks and made jackets for them in different colours from the pallet, decorating each with a contrasting flower just for something different! It wasn't that easy to make a duck jacket!!! I looked at some patterns and tried and tried again but ended up half using a pattern and half inventing my own pattern but it worked!


My Duck Jumper Pattern:
(US terms, 8 ply yarn, 4mm hook)

Row 1: Chain 20 (keeping a slightly looser tension than normal to make working row 2 easier),
SS into first chain
Row 2: Chain 1, SC into each chain and join with a SS to beginning chain 1 stitch
Row 3: Chain 3, 2DC into each stitch, SS into beginning chain 3 stitch
Row 4: Chain 3, *2DC in first stitch, 1DC in next* repeat to end, SS into beginning chain 3 stitch
Row 5: Chain 3, 1DC in each stitch to end, SS into beginning chain 3 stitch
Row 6: Chain 3, 2DCtog to end, SS into beginning chain 3 stitch
Row 7: Chain 3, 1DC into each stitch to end, SS into beginning chain 3 stitch
Put the jumper on the duck with the join at the back, turn duck over to crochet last row whilst on the duck
Row 8: Chain 3 2DCtog to end. SS into beginning chain 3 stitch. 



  




They quacked around at home for a while but then I took them to a Yarn Corner meet and passed them on to the group admins to bomb on the set!
I wasn't overly excited about it until the time started to get closer to the release of the first video...then I started to think, ooh, soon I'm gonna see my Duckies in a film clip! hehe

And here it is, Gossling - Wild Love, Live from Bakehouse Studios:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfLJ3RRTHaM

2nd Song - Heart Killer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2AADvxr4GQ&feature=youtu.be

Here are some photos taken of the set as well.



How AWESOME is that piano!? 
Can't wait for the other 3 songs, and you know what? My son Nazeem and I are Gossling's newest fans! I am loving the song and Nazeem keeps asking me to play it again! :D



0 comments:

Post a Comment