week 10 - Bunting Bomb



I'm gonna skip most of the story this time but the pictures are the important part anyway right???? :D

So on the main road near my place, some road work is about to begin and the road has been lined with flouro orange buntings. I noticed that many of the flags are missing and there followed the idea of replacing a few of them with crocheted ones! :P
To go with the flouro theme yet stand out, I went with flouro green! hehe
I made 3 (coz I love odd numbers) in different designs.

On Sunday morning, Nazeem woke earlier than usual and when we go up I thought it the perfect time to go and install the flags. So we drove to the spot and Nazeem in his pyjamas watched from the car as I stitched the flags on. It was a beautiful sunny morning and it was very quiet out. This time I looked up at cars going past just to see if anyone was watching because I normally make myself the only person on the planet but I tried something different this time and you know what? Not many actually noticed I was doing something out of the ordinary. Ha, funny how we expect that everyone must be staring and it's not necessarily the case.

Here they are:


I'm not sure why I didn't take a photo from the other side, I hung them so that the right side was facing the road not the footpath. Perhaps I should have done it the other way but never mind.

Here are the patterns I used for those interested
granny buntingbaby bunting.

I challenged my neighbour to spot my latest yarn bomb before I posted a pic. The next day she found it and was very pleased with herself LOL


2 comments:

Post a Comment