Week 11 - Flower Bomb


This is the first post of a redefined blog. I am quitting my 52 week yarn bomb challenge while I am ahead. While I have been keeping up so far (just) I know I won't be able to keep it up for too much longer as I also like to make things for others and I'm finding it difficult to do it all. And life is also about to get hectic at home as we jump on the IVF roller coaster again.
So, although it will not necessarily be a one-a-week affair anymore, I will still post regularly of my yarn bombing adventures! :D

This weekend was a long weekend and before heading into the city with my family, I picked up a big rose I had recently crocheted, to leave in the city somewhere. I also took with me some green yarn to make leaves and a band for it in the car on the way. I made the band standard pole size (19cm) with the plan to put it on a pole somewhere. 'I'll know it when I see it,' I thought...

We were headed for Moomba but when we got to the city, the parking situation was horrendous and we finally found a park about 3kms away from the festival. However we found ourselves outside the Royal Botanic Gardens so we decided to go there instead as it was a lovely day and all we really wanted was a day out so it didn't matter. It was much more peaceful anyway and Nazeem had the freedom to run around.

First stop, the Children's Garden within the Botanic Gardens. I looked around for places I might plant my bomb...there weren't many poles in the garden and certainly not any the right size. I thought about putting it on a rung on the back of a park bench but hadn't yet found the 'right' place when we climbed up a mini treetop walk in the children's garden. Up there we were standing amoung the tops of giant bamboo and there on a bamboo pole at eye level I knew I'd found the right spot.

from below

What better place to put a flower than in a garden and a children's sensory garden at that!

1 comments:

Post a Comment