week 12 - Birdie Bomb



Just incase you were worried, I AM still trying to continue the weekly yarn bombing but in a less ... compulsory fashion. I'd have been really annoyed if I got behind with it but this way, it doesn't matter so much if that makes any sense at all! :P
So anyways, when some of my previous yarn bombs were quickly removed or destroyed by unappreciative sorts, someone suggested, 'don't give up, just choose a more adoring audience' - KIDS! Just as well I am a childcare worker!!!!!!
I've had a yarn bomb planned for work for quite some time now. I wanted to put a bird in a nest with some eggs, in a tree outside in the Childcare Centre playground, but I was waiting for autumn when the trees would be relatively bare, making it easier for the kids to spot. ... I couldn't wait any longer so I bombed it inside instead! lol

The little birdie in it's nest has been sitting on my coffee table for a while, being enjoyed by my son, Nazeem. His teacher Ms Mel, was 'jealous' when I yarn bombed my boss' desk a few weeks ago, so this birds nest was always intended for her room and children. This Wednesday morning, when I dropped Nazeem at 'school,' Ms Mel wasn't there yet so I set up a table as an activity for the children, with plants and a branch for the nest to sit on. And here it is :D
And I left a cheeky note for Ms Mel too!


For those interested in the birdie pattern, here it is. This is the first amigurumi pattern I have attempted and it was surprisingly easy :) 

P.S. I have now had requests to yarn bomb other rooms of the centre. Hehe... Does it count if someone asks you to do it? Is is still technically a yarn bomb? I guess it is if it's a surprise as to what and when it will be. But at least I will know this birdie will be appreciated and not destroyed...or rather if destroyed it will be the result of being loved to death! ;) 



2 comments:

Post a Comment