Week 4 - Bombing the neighbours




I got a bit excited this week and I've done 2 yarn bombs! I'm finding it hard to space them out! I didn't even yarn bomb the bomb that I intended to bomb this week.
I have until the Saturday of each week to do my yarn bomb, well at least that is my unwritten rule, and I have been dropping them midweek but this week's happened to be earlier so I had to drop a second one. Oh, what a shame! :P

On the weekend, my lovely neighbours had some ishooos with the rellies. I don't know the situation, nor would I post it here if I did but it sure seems like the poor buggers are copping some crap from their families, causing them heartache and quite possibly feelings of rejection which sucks because they are lovely people. Their little girl Chelle considers herself Nazeem's big sister and he adores her! She spends hours on end over here taking orders from him, building him cubbies, sharing meals and snacks with him and even, bless her, helping me toilet train him!
Chelle's Mum has shown an interest in my yarn bombing and last week commented, "Yarn bomb my house a few times then I can make a blankie .. Lol "
I always intended to yarn bomb their house at some stage during this challenge but now felt like the right time. I wanted to make them smile and to make them feel loved. I know, it sounds corny but it's absolutely true. I hate seeing people hurting. And this is what Yarn Bombing is all about for me...making people smile. <3

Chelle was over here entertaining Nazeem that very day (Monday) and while they watched tele, built numerous block towers, splashed in a tub of water outside in the thirty-something degree heat, I chrocheted up some love in all the colours of the rainbow!
Chelle admired the colourful hearts but despite being as impatient as I am, I held back from telling her they were destined for her front lawn!

Ho Hum, that night I waited for darkness to shield me from their eyes and at around 10pm I tiptoed across the lawn and sneakity-sneakily tied them in the tree which is in the middle of their front lawn. It took me quite some time...have you ever tried tying bows in the dark!? not easy!
As I do, I bombed like I was the only one on the planet. 'Did I hear the people across the road drive out of their driveway? Nah, couldn't have, I'm the only one on the planet!'

I had taken the above photo of the hearts lined up and posted only that photo on Facebook....
Before going to sleep I checked good old Facebook for any sign that I'd been sprung. Nup, all clear.
It seems that shortly after going to bed at midnight, I WAS in fact sprung! :P


Tuesday morning I woke to find comments and tagged posts on Facebook.
The Mrs half of my 'neighbours' had commented on my photo at 12:46am, " Bomb my house too .. Only a minute walk .. " Hehehe, she clearly hadn't read the previous comment in which I revealed that I had just bombed the neighbours but two minutes later at 12:48am when I assume she made the discovery, she commented "Oh you're a cheeky cherub ness ... Lol 

Then I found this on my wall (or my 'timeline' as it is now called)
 "My gorgeous neighbour just yarn bombed me .. Nawwws xxx .. I'll be taking a piccy in the morning then bombing them into my house, before the kids in the court take them ... You made me laugh tonight thankyou you are a very special person .. Bless you xxx "
Naaaaaaaw <3 this made me well up. I don't know who got the bigger gift, her or me? :D 



And this is where they were re-bombed inside their house:


Week 4 Part 2 
Bombing the Boss! 

I made a flower in a hexagon shape on the weekend (or perhaps it was last week, I can't remember) and I thought, 'hey this would make a great coaster for under my Boss' mug on her desk'. But the coaster was green, orange,  turquoise and cream. I happen to know her favourite colour is purple. 
A few days later at work I noticed her mug...and guess what? It was a cream hand-decorated mug with orange, blue and green spots! :O 
Well....no need to make a purple one then, after-all, purple wouldn't match her mug! 
This morning I planted the bomb before she arrived at work. I would have filled her mug with coffee as well but she was an hour away so I settled for cleaning it and filled it with water :P 


She found me! And she knew it was me coz I don't hide the fact that I am a crochet nut! "I like it! I feel special," she said and she agreed that even though purple is her favourite colour, it wouldn't have matched. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment