Week 8: Bombing the Beach



This week, I finally got my tags printed and laminated so now I can tag my work! Wooot! So, I made this week's piece using the colours of my tag and blog to kick start my tagging. :D
I started making a random granny square using just the colours, without too much planning in mind for what it would become and where it would end up. I Double Crocheted (US terms) a round of each colour. I got to the purple and thought it needed more of the blue, so I added 3 more rounds of the blue and Ooooooooooh, I could do an orange scalloped edge with a red Single Crochet finish! 












We went away for the weekend to stay in Blairgowrie.
 Blairgowrie is located on a thin strip of the Mornington Peninsula, facing Port Phillip Bay in the north and Bass Strait in the south, nestled between the popular beach resorts of Rye and Sorrento. (http://www.travelvictoria.com.au/blairgowrie/)
... A friend loaned us a holiday house there, to stay in for a few nights. On the way there (an hour drive) I finished off the piece and proudly attached the tag. :)

Yesterday on the way home, I informed my Hubby. "We have to stop somewhere so I can put this up, I have to leave this here in Blairgowrie." I was thinking of a pole, not too thin but not too fat and crisscrossing the yarn around the back to attach it. I wanted to put it near the shops somewhere but unfortunately it was wherever dear husband felt like stopping the car. :P Not too far down the road from the beach house, he spotted some 1/2 height wooden poles just the right thickness for my bomb and pulled over. "Why not!?" I said and jumped out of the car, needle and LONG thread already attached to the piece.
The awesome thing is, that because I wasn't alone this time, I now have photos of me installing it! :D
Kamran snapped the photos and said to Nazeem (3) in the backseat, "Mummy's a hippy Nazeem." lol






















Excuse the ridiculous attire! I don't usually wear leggings with short tops! lol. I was dressed comfy for the trip home, and forgot that I'd be getting out of the car for this! :P But here I am stringing it up!

Cars were driving past left, right and center but I realised yarn bombing had become normal for me and no longer had an adrenaline rush attached. Still fun none the less! I heard Kamran turn the car off at some point too, must have been taking too long. Hehehe.
Before I was done, I went back to the car for my scissors to cut off the excess yarn. I then brought the scissors back to the car and said to Kamran. "One minute, I just have to tie the extra yarn somewhere...It's sort of become my trademark." I hadn't thought about it before that moment but I'd done it once before and it just seemed right!
There! Done! See how it compliments the tag!? ;)


Guess who else is becoming used to my yarn bombing? My son. "Wow Mummy, So beautiful," he said when I got back in the car. :D

2 comments:

  • Anonymous | 27 February 2012 at 21:23

    i love your yarnbombing , especially the water droplets,. You crochet beautifully and your stories give that exciting feeling that yarnbombing gives. Enjoy , enjoy .! www.streetcolor.wordpress.com

  • Dee | 24 April 2012 at 06:27

    We were in Blairgowrie for a week before Easter and spotted your work just where we walk down to the beach! Made us all smile.

Post a Comment